Beautiful Alfred Meakin England, porcelain teacup and saucer with small plate. This Golden Glory edition decorated with Art Deco flowers and gold trimmings.
The teacup is 6,5 cm high, 10 cm long and 8 cm large.
The saucer is 13,5 cm of circumference.
The pastry plate is 15 cm.
Alfred Meakin, the brother of James and George Meakin, founded Alfred Meakin, Lt.d. in 1875. He utilized the Royal Albert Pottery, Victoria Pottery (built 1858), and Highlands Pottery located on Parsonage Street in Tunstall. When Alfred Meakin died in 1904, he was succeeded by his son, Alfred James Meakin. Alfred James died four years later.
Meakin marketed its wares abroad, especially in the United States utilizing the mail order catalogs of several large companies.
Robert Johnson, Alfred John’s uncle, acquired Alfred Meakin, Ltd. for his son James. The firm remained in the Johnson family until 1976. The firm made ironstone and semi-porcelain dinnerware, tea wares, and toilet wares. Meakin acquired Newfield Pottery in 1930. In 1949, Meakin also owned Furlong Mill, a materials company. In 1957, a new pottery known as Victoria and Highgate Works was built.
In 1976, Alfred Meakin, Ltd., merged with Myott, Son and Co. and became Myott-Meakin. Around 1980, some Meakin production moved to the Alexander Works built by Myott in 1902.